This season has been very busy for me. I have been working hard and hustling for money. I also have my mother in law around, so I have been busy taking care of her needs. E nor easy…I tell you.
Luckily, she happens to be a huge fan of puff puff, so I decided to be creative with it. Walking into my ladder, I noticed I had four packets of desicated coconuts…left overs from a coconut rice I made for a company event a while ago. So I grabbed it, beside it was standing a can of Amel Susan Cocoa powder which I plucked off the rack too. You both are going into my puff puff recipe I said to myself.
And in they went.
Firstly, you need to follow my original puff puff recipe by clicking on Puff puff.
Just add 1/2 cup of desicated coconut to the dough. Desicated coconut is grated, dried coconuts.
Add 1/4 Cocoa powder to the dough and mix with your hands.
Scoop with your hands into hot oil and deep fry.
- 1/2 cup desicated coconut or more if you wish.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder.
- 2 tsp. coconut flavour for the coconut puff puff. (or)
- 2 tsp. chocolate flavouring for the Choco coconut puff puff.
- Add to the original recipe and mix in.
- * You can choose to use both the cocoa powder and coconut in the recipe.
- * You can chose to use only the cocoa powder or the coconut in the recipe.