Finding a great Seafood shop in Wuse 2, Abuja has re-introduced me to the world of seafood which I have missed so much since we relocated from Lagos. Under Falomo bridge, near Law school on Ozumba Mbadiwe used to be my treasured fresh from the water seafood location where one could get an array of seafood at a good price.
I simply love fresh seafood and the overly frozen, dead looking, over priced ones I see in the supermarkets don’t cut it at all. So on discovering “The Fish Shop”, my joy knew no bounds. I have been frequenting the shop almost every week to get Fresh Tilapia, Octopus, Shrimps, Giant Prawns, Croacker fish…you name it.
So I decided to prepare this yummy dish. Did I hear you say “Ewww?”. well…if you love Calamari, then you are already eating something similar to octopuses…squids!!! Hahahaha.
Now, Let’s Cook.
- 1 kg octopus flowers
- 2 green bell pepper
- 2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground glack pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 large cloves or 4 small cloves garlic
- 1 seasoning cube
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1. Cut octopus flowers by separating the tentacles.
- 2. Drain and seasoning with the seasoning cubes and ground black pepper and set aside.
- 3. Cut green, red bell peppers and onion into cubes, set aside.
- 4. Mince garlic and ginger separately.
- 5. Pre-heat a clean dry pan, add oil and allow to heat up.
- 6. Add ginger and garlic and sfry for 1 minute.
- 7. Add the seasoned octopus and stirfry for 3 minutes.
- 8. Remove from pan and place in a bowl. Wipe up the pan and add 1 tablepoon of oil.
- 9. Pour in the peppers and onion add a pinch of salt and fry for 2 minutes. Remove immediately.
- 10. Return the pan without the vegetable to the gas top. Pour in the cooked octopus.
- 11. Add oyster and soy sauce and mix in.
- 12. Finally add the fried vegetables and stir fry together for 1 minute.
- * Serve hot.
- * Enjoy with fried rice, Fried plantain, Jollof rice etc.